Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Are you looking for the opportunity to be a part of a passionate team pioneering mental health services?
- Full Time with monthly ADO to end Jan 2025 and Permanent Part-time (3 days/wk)
- Based in Bentleigh
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4 or Social Worker / Occupational Therapist / Psychologist Grade 3
- An opportunity to be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues!
What's in it for you
- A supportive and fun team working environment
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state.
Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
Alfred Health is the lead agency for this program and offers the opportunity to work in a growing dynamic healthcare environment.
What you’ll be doing
Position 1:Senior Clinician - Access & CCT (FT to end Jan 2025)
You will be the first point of contact with the service and will provide the initial screening response to those making contact with primary headspace and headspace Early Psychosis.
You will be capable of providing high quality customer service that is highly engaging and responsive to the needs of young people and their families. Referrers will be assisted to find the right service where other options are more appropriate. Streamlined entry to headspace Early Psychosis services will be supported by timely decision-making and case allocation.
In this position, you will also provide case management and other clinical services to clients and families up to 50% of the time.
Position 2: Senior CCT Clinician (Permanent 0.6EFT)
You will provide clinical assessment, intervention, case-management and therapy to young people presenting with or at risk of developing early psychosis and facilitate a culture that emphasises family involvement.
You will also support the clinical and operational leadership of the team and ensure clinical work is completed in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership with the appropriate professional body
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelor Degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing or equivalent OR Bachelor Degree in Nursing or equivalent
- Approved postgraduate qualification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing.
- Registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Occupational Therapist
- Current registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board via AHPRA to practice with the National Board.
- Registration as a psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (2009). Practice endorsement as a clinical/clinical neuropsychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Registration to practice as a supervisor with AHPRA
- Social Worker
- Approved degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Demonstrated staff supervision skills and proven ability to provide clinical leadership and management of a multi-disciplinary team and to manage human and financial resources
- Experience providing assessment and treatment of mental health disorders and alcohol and other drug disorders to young people and their families
- Experience in leading teams and effecting a positive multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience working with a range of community agencies and ability to liaise with other service providers.
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities including participation in the Discovery College
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
All enquiries to Catherine Keen Team leader – Continuing Care Team headspace Early Psychosis on 0408 187 895 or [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEDT, Sunday 25th February 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.