Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent - Ongoing
- Full-time - 80 hours per fortnight, plus ADO
- Classification code - HS1
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Respiratory Medicine has a unique and comprehensive spectrum of expertise in Australia across clinical and basic allergy and advanced adult lung diseases, including severe asthma, emphysema, interstitial lung diseases, sleep apnoea, cystic fibrosis (CF; State Centre of Excellence) and lung transplantation. It comprises of four Clinical Services, supported by the Bronchoscopy Service and the Physiology Service (including the Lung Function Laboratory).
Great opportunity for an experienced administrative support person in the Department of Respiratory Medicine at The Alfred, supporting our Sleep Laboratory.
This role provides administrative support our Sleep Laboratory, including receiving patients, managing phone calls and appointments and undertaking general office duties.
Strong organisational and customer service skills are required, as is the ability to prioritise tasks in a busy environment. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, excellence in written and oral communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail is required. Experience working within a medical environment and familiarity with medical terminology will be highly regarded, however, applicants with strong administrative skills from other fields will also be considered.
- Interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to plan work flow, prioritise and delegate in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in dealing with all aspects of the role.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including MS Office Suite.
- Salary packaging
- On site car parking
- Gym and Library facilities
- Discounted private health insurance
- Close to public transport and shops
If you’d like to know more please contact Edwina England on 9076 2405, email@example.com or Dee Halliwell on 9076 2251, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.