Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent – Ongoing
- Part time –32 hours per week
- Classification code – HS3
- Caulfield location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (Carer Services) support the people who care.
Carer Services is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver programs including phone support, in person support services, peer support, information and social activities to carers (including young carers) of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability or chronic illness, and/or mental illness. We provide services to support carers and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. Carer Services is part of Alfred Health’s Home, Acute and Community program.
The Administration Supervisor is integral to the smooth operation of the service. The role works autonomously and collaboratively with the Team Leader - Operations, managers and staff to deliver highly skilled administration support across the service.
The Administration Supervisor is part of the Operations team, responsible for managing reception, administration, accounts payable and office management tasks across the service. This role leads improvement in administrative processes, projects and resource allocation. The Administration Supervisor works in collaboration with the administration team to develop a professional, effective and positive administration team culture.
QUALITIES/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (see position description for all duties and responsibilities)
- Minimum three years’ experience in supervising and supporting staff
- Demonstrated qualifications, skills and/or experience in office administration, accounts payable, management or equivalent
- Support day to day operations, providing direction to the administration team across sites
- Manage and ensure effective and efficient administration services and processes (caller registration, referrals, accounts matching, invoicing, site functioning)
- Provide leadership and direction for all administration staff taking on new projects and practice
- Ensure effective tracking and reporting of accrual and expenditure, accounts matching and payment queries in line with Alfred Health requirements
- Effective team player who contributes positively to work and interdisciplinary team culture
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, assess urgency, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- Successful applicants must undergo a police check and have a current Working with Children Check
- Diploma level (or working toward) office administration or business management or equivalent
- Formal training in Microsoft applications
- Experience/background in a community/health setting
- Friendly, supportive team culture
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Melanie Carlson, Team Leader -Operations on (03) 9076 9654
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.