Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term - 12 months, Parental Leave Cover
- Part-time - 16 hour per week
- Grade 3 Neuropsychologist, PL1-PL4
- Community Rehabilitation Program - Caulfield Hospital Location
- Staff Benefits
Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
The Community Rehabilitation interdisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctors, community health nurses and social workers.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Neuropsychologist to join our interdisciplinary team.
The position involves the provision of Neuropsychology assessment and treatment programs, liaison with team members to assist with goal setting and treatment planning, and provision of education to clients and their families/carers.
- Minimum five years of clinical experience.
- Specialist skills in assessment and management of psychological disorders and behaviour.
- Recent experience in rehabilitation or aged care.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Strong theoretical knowledge and experience in the application of Neuropsychology in the areas of Neurology and Geronotology.
- Demostrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Ability to take initiatives and respond to changes in caseload.
- Regular clinical and operational supervision
- Access to a range of professional development activities through both Community Rehabilitation Program and the Psychology Department
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Easy Public Transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position and would like any further details, please contact Lana Umansky (Manager Community Rehabilitation Program) on 0419 577 123 or Lynda Katona (Manager Psychology) on 0402 071 138.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.