Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term – until June 2022
- Part-time – 68 hours per fortnight
- Classification code – HS2
- Caulfield location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (Carer Services) is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver support to unpaid carers of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability or chronic illness, and/or mental illness. We provide services to support carers and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. Carer Services is part of Alfred Health’s Home, Acute and Community program.
The Marketing and Communications Officer is a new role developed to assist Carer Gateway outlets in their promotion of Carer Gateway. Carer Gateway services are delivered by eight outlets across Victoria. It is an initiative of the Australian Government to provide in person, online and over the phone information and practical support for Australia’s 2.65 million carers. . Alfred Health Carer Services delivers Carer Gateway services in the Southern Metropolitan region of Victoria.
The Marketing and Communications Officer works within the Carer Engagement team to support the promotion of Carer Gateway within the outlet organisation’s catchment area. This role will be responsible for developing and creating content, ensuring Carer Gateway brand integrity is maintained across communications and marketing within our catchment, and seeking opportunities to promote the initiative through local health, social and community networks, as well as within the organisation itself.
The role will work closely with the Merri Health Marketing and Communication Advisor and Marketing and Communications Officers from across the partnership to implement the Carer Gateway State Marketing and Communications Plan.
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (see position description for full list)
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong writing skills with experience in developing content in published media (internal and external) and marketing campaigns
- Excellent skills in using information technology and computer software applications (Mailchimp, Publisher, Photoshop, InDesign, Survey Monkey, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
- Competent in still photography and videography
- Successful applicants must undergo a police check and have a current Working with Children Check
- Current Victorian Driver Licence
Experience working in a community or health setting
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Mel Hill, (Acting) Manager on (03) 9076 6888
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.