Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight
- Fixed-Term - 6-month contract (possible extension)
- Classification code - HS5
- Annual salary - $110k-$120k
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Finance Department provides a wide range of financial and related services to all areas of Alfred Health. Financial Services include financial accounting and compliance, management accounting, financial analysis, decision support, analysis of clinical performance, clinical costing, support for financial information systems and transactional services (including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Medical Billing). Data and Analytical Services (DAS) is part of finance and provides specialised data management, analysis and reporting services to Alfred Health and also providing application support for key corporate applications. A significant part of Finance Department's responsibility is financial budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of actual performance to budget and forecast positions, as well as financial reporting and governance; that is, ensuring that Alfred Health is compliant with various government, auditing and taxation requirements.
The Business Analyst – Finance Systems Projects will provide key business analysis support to enable the successful implementation of a new Budget and Forecasting Cloud based software solution and ongoing process improvement of existing finance systems and other projects carried out by Alfred Health in line with the Finance systems roadmap. This will include working with key stakeholders from Finance, Information Data Development (IDD), DAS and other areas as required, to elicit, understand and document the business needs for parameter set up, configuration and integration of the cloud solution, ensuring source systems information is understood and mapping tables are accurate. The BA will also engage with the implementation partner and software solution design expert to ensure the solution is fit for purpose, all integration points are known and documented.
The role deliverables will also include reviewing functional and non-functional requirements from the BRD and assessing the proposed solution design and set up to ensure Functional and Non-Functional requirements will be met. The incumbent will be involved with testing the solution(s), development of training requirements, documenting future state processes, by role and function and ensuring optimal delivery of a quality solution and clearly defined business processes, whilst also tracking to agreed delivery milestones. The role may also involve assisting with other finance related project implementations and potentially covering other appropriate roles / tasks across the Financial Services team as required.
The Business Analyst – Finance Systems Projects reports to the Project and Redesign Lead – Finance Systems Projects and will support the change management, project governance and oversight functions, as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the implementation partner and project team to drive outcomes for design workshops, which are in line with business requirements and needs, whilst delivering an optimal solution, leveraging best practice, to configure the cloud solution. Documenting the proposed solution and rationale for the decisions made.
- Conduct an impact analysis of the changes between Current and Future state of the solution(s), to assist with the Change Management plan and areas of specific focus required for process reengineering.
- Meet project deadlines, track deliverables and timing of project activities, whilst supporting a number of projects/or project streams in a pressured, large-volume work environment.
- Ensure continuous stakeholder engagement, providing optimum customer service with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Oversight of reporting and other project documentation development (internal and external), producing relevant artefacts.
- Identify issues that may hinder completion of tasks, escalate any possible variance from project outcomes, cost or timeframes, in a timely manner and find appropriate solutions.
- Research and analyse information and make recommendations based on relevant evidence.
- Develop Unit Test scripts and perform Unit Testing for proposed solutions, in conjunction with implementation provider.
- Develop UAT scripts and provide support for business users as part of UAT and training requirements.
- Maintain effective relationships with, and support for, the broader Financial Services team.
- Support the Project and Redesign Lead with project related tasks, as directed.
- Adhoc project or Finance related activities as required.
A chance to further your career in health analytics as part of a dynamic team.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
All enquiries to Samantha Reeves, Project and Redesign Lead: email@example.com
Please include a CV and Cover Letter.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.