Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed Term - Until December 2021
- Part Time - 60.8 hours per fortnight (opportunity for up to 76 hours per fortnight)
- Classification code - VF6 - VF9 (OT Grade 2)
- The Alfred and Caulfield Hospitals
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham. At The Alfred Hospital, clinical service provision is focused on inpatient care, as well as outpatient services across a spectrum of specialties including aged care, plastic and orthopaedic, neurological, trauma, spinal, amputee and burns.
An exciting opportunity to work as a Grade 2 occupational therapy across the clinical (acute) and research programs of Alfred Health Occupational Therapy. The therapist will be expected to display strong communication, organisational and team work skills. The successful applicant will be working closely with and delegating tasks to Allied Health Assistants who support the occupational therapy service, and will also have the opportunity to work on funded research projects under the support of senior staff and the Professor of Allied Health – Occupational Therapy. In addition, opportunity exists to supervise Grade 1 staff and students and to contribute to service development and planning.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Specialist Occupational Therapy assessment and intervention (experience with neuro / trauma caseload is beneficial)
- Strong team work skills
- Provision of supervision of junior staff and students
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience in occupational therapy
- AHPRA registration, and eligibility for OTA membership
- Understanding of research frameworks and literature search skills
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted)
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare services
Please refer to attached Position Description and address the essential and desirable criteria in your cover letter. Please apply online and ensure both the cover letter and CV are attached.
All clinical enquiries to Emily Munoz on 9076 2000 pager 9400; All research enquiries to Natasha Lannin, mobile 0417 135 153
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.