Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Casual - up to 30 shifts over the six-month period of employment. Shifts are for 4-8 hours.
- Third & second year nursing students - AHPRA registered
- Classification code – PE11
- Alfred and Caulfield Hospitals
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham.
The Pre-Qualification Registered Nurse (PQRN) works as a Nursing assistant to the health care team, assisting the Registered Psychiatric Nurses to provide delegated aspects of consumer care. This is a brand new opportunity offered to second and third year nursing students to gain paid hands on experience and exposure in the field of Mental Health Nursing. The role allows you to explore and learn in a supportive environment to enable the transition into potentially becoming a Graduate Nurse smoother.
Each PQRN can work up to 30 shifts (minimum 15) over the six-month period of employment. Shifts are for 4-8 hours. Shift rosters may vary (e.g. morning, afternoon and weekend shifts) and participants availability to work will impact how many shifts are offered.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive, non-judgemental and passionate person in the field of Mental Health Nursing.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Current enrolment in a Bachelor of Nursing program or equivalent (i.e. Master of Nursing)
• Minimum of 12 months completion of a Bachelor of Nursing Program
• Registered as a student nurse with AHPRA with no conditions or undertakings
• Strong interest in mental health and well-being and considering a career in mental health nursing
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, clear communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work as a team member and contribute to team decisions, as well as the willingness to take advice and direction
• An interest in understanding the range of issues experienced by people experiencing mental illness presenting with high level needs, and a commitment to helping meet the needs of consumers and families/carers
• Computer literacy, including knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs and the internet.
Currently completing 2nd, 3rd year or 4th year (double degree) studies as part of a Bachelor of Nursing.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
Please specify in your cover letter which area you wish to be placed if available.
Areas include: Adult Inpatient, Acute Aged Inpatient, Adult Community, and Child & Youth Mental Health Services.
Please also include the dates of any allocated placements during July-Dec 2021.
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Ann Nolan, Clinical Nurse Educator on A.Nolan@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.