Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Human Resources Advisor
- Ongoing, Full Time, 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification – HS3 (circa $75,000 p.a.)
- Various staff benefits
Alfred Health employs over 11,000 people in a variety of allied health, medical, nursing and business support roles. We consider ourselves a high achieving organisation and take great pride in the way we provide and deliver patient centred care.
The Human Resources (HR) Advisor is an essential role within the Alfred Health HR advice team and the formation of its centralised employee enquiry and advice service. The HR Advisor is the central and significant point of contact for all employee enquiries for action within a timely response. The role is pivotal in creating a positive impression to both Alfred employees and our external stakeholders.
This role advises employees and line managers on matters related to employment and entitlement matters, including advice on EBA interpretation. The HR Advisor will be responsible for the provision of accurate advice, liaising with their colleagues in Recruitment & On-boarding, HRIS, Business Partnering, Employee Relations and OHS when enquiries require expert advice. As the most senior role within our employee enquiry team, the HR Advisor is expected to work closely with the HR Advice Coordinator as well as the Business Partners to ensure a strong level of visibility and credibility.
This exciting opportunity exists for an individual who wishes to expand their generalist skills and be a pivotal role in the construction, development and success of Alfred Health’s centralised employee advice service; you’ll get the chance to help build Alfred Health’s centralised response. If you are interested in a career in public health with a future that plans on building your skills to grow into a generalist HR role, then this opportunity is for you. This role will be ideal for a recent HR graduate or an early career HR Practitioner who is curious with a growth mindset.
The main objectives of this role are:
- Handling of all enquiries for functions within the Human Resources department, providing ‘triage’ advice and assistance to Alfred Health staff and managers in relation to human resources matters as appropriate.
- Ensure information provided to within the employee advice centralised service is up to date in respect of frequently asked questions, forms, processes, courses and portfolios of HR contacts
- Provision of accurate advice to managers and employees related to Alfred Health’s policies, guidelines and Agreements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 1-2 years’ experience (either gained in internships or as a graduate) in the provision of HR advice in a large and complex environment
- Holds (or currently completing ) a formal qualification in human resources or business
- Strong computer skills, including experience with database maintenance,
Please view position description for more details and requirements
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gymnasium
- Onsite parking
- Locations with easy public transport access
We understand that work needs to be flexible to your needs and working from home for some of your hours can be made available. (It is important to note that Alfred Health is an employer delivering a frontline community response to COVID and you will be required to regularly work onsite despite ever changing COVID restrictions).
For enquires contact please contact Craig Till, HR Services Manager on (03) 9076 5414
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.