Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed Term - Until June 2022
- Part Time – 32 hours per fortnight
- Classification - Grade 3B
- Across Alfred Health - currently based at Caulfield Hospital
- Staff benefits
The Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP), Mobile Assessment and Treatment Service (MATS) is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team. The successful applicant will be motivated to optimise the health experiences of frail elderly patients living in residential care or the community setting.
HARP MATS is a HIP program and in Alfred Health, sits within Alfred Home - Acute and Community (HAC) directorate. The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP MATS Service, is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce, working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
The available position is for a limited tenure to June 30th 2022, and would suit Registered Nurses with an interest in community based practice.
The MATS Outreach nurse is primarily responsible for providing clinical assessment and interventions for acutely unwell older persons, largely in the residential aged care setting, who may otherwise require transfer into an acute setting for management. The role requires that the successful applicant can demonstrate the ability to work both independently and in a multidisciplinary team in a community environment.
The MATS Outreach nurse utilises their nursing education and skills to provide a holistic approach to care of acute illness’ and chronic disease management where required. They will work in a multidisciplinary team utilizing an interdisciplinary approach to care. On a day-to-day basis, the role is overseen by the MATS Care Coordinators and Team Lead. Direct Care is delivered within the context of an individual care plan for each client, after consultation with the patient or their decision maker. This clinical management is overseen by the MATS Consultants and Registrars, and implemented in collaboration with the community care providers involved ie: RACF and GP.
Incumbents will be experienced clinicians with excellent clinical assessment, documentation, and communication skills. They must be able to identify clinical deterioration and escalate appropriately. They will be involved in establishing and evaluating the patient’s plan of care in partnership with the patient, carers, and other members of the health care team. The role involves liaison between multidisciplinary health care professionals both in the community and within Alfred Health, so the right person must have a strong commitment to teamwork.
Key competencies include I.V. cannulation, phlebotomy, male and female catheterisation, wound care, and administration of therapies such as infusions.
MATS operates 7 days per week, and shifts are rotational, between 0800-1630 (AM) and 1130-2000 (PM). The role is available for immediate start.
Written applications should include your CV and a cover letter.
Inquiries for further information are welcomed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four or more years of nursing experience following graduating from a Bachelor of Nursing, and current professional registration with AHPRA
- Clinical experience in General Medicine across the acute, sub-acute or community sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively and flexibly with internal and external services.
- Knowledge on how to improve patient safety and quality of life through the promotion of health independence.
- Be able to recognize deterioration and or risk in the community and escalate appropriately
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Clinical experience in working with the frail elderly
- Clinical competence in catheter management, including changes for male/female IDC’s/SPC’s; IV Cannulation; Gastrostomy Tube management.
- Experience in clinical triage
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- On site gym
- Child care services
All enquiries to: MATS Acting NUM Georgina Calder Mob: 0429 358 722
Application close: 14th July 2021
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.