Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Community Development Worker: Carer Assessment and Planning (CAP): Disability, Mental Health and Young Carers (DMHYC)
- Permanent – Ongoing, 32 hours p/w
- Classification code – CDW 2B (XX7-ON15)
- Caulfield or Frankston location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (Carer Services) support the people who care.
Carer Services is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver programs including phone support, in person support services, peer support, information and social activities to carers (including young carers) of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability or chronic illness, and/or mental illness. We provide services to support carers and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. Carer Services is part of Alfred Health’s Home, Acute and Community program.
This position contributes to the development and delivery of client-facing programs within Carer Services.
The candidates should demonstrate and respond to needs of carers’, identifying appropriate interventions and linking carers to services that support the carer, caring role and care relationship. Community Development practice aims to work with carers and the person they care for to address issues and needs, facilitating solutions. A necessary and significant part of the Community Development Workers (CDW) role will be to provide assessment and advocacy, and/or consultation with the carer and person being cared for.
The primary objective of a CDW in the CAP: DMHYC team is to provide the entry point to the service with the aim to facilitate the carer support planning process for each individual carer.
QUALITIES/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (see position description for full list)
- Tertiary qualifications in Health, Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences, Community Development or Welfare
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and knowledge of at least two practice areas (Aged, Dementia, Disability, Mental Health, Youth Services)
- Demonstrates understanding of issues facing carers and people from diverse communities and available services
- Experience in casework and care coordination, including needs / risk assessment and support planning
- Ability to provide support, identify issues, escalate appropriately and operate within scope of practice
- Well-developed computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to maintain a clear focus and positive outlook, and adapt to changing work environments
- Current Victorian Driver Licence
- Successful applicants must undergo a police check and have a current Working with Children Check
- Experience in community development, promotion, event development and working with a broad service system
- Friendly, supportive team culture
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Melanie Hill, Acting Manager on (03) 9076 6888
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.