Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Project Administration Officer (SPEAK Project)
- Part-time - 3 days per week
- Fixed term. December 2022
- Classification code – HS2
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The SPEAK (Specialist Education and Knowledge) Project was established following Alfred Health’s receipt of a 3-year Information, Linkages and Capacity (ILC) Building Program grant managed by the Department of Social Services. The aim of this ILC grant opportunity is to fund projects that will produce improved practice approaches in health service.
The SPEAK Project Administration Officer will work as a member of the SPEAK Project Team and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the SPEAK Project. The role will provide administrative support to the SPEAK and Vulnerable Persons Project Manager (Alfred Health), the SPEAK Project Manager (Southwest Healthcare) and the project steering committee, working/advisory groups, and co-design groups.
The role will play an important role in supporting all administrative aspects of the SPEAK Project and will be required to engage with health service staff, consumers with disability and their support people, and stakeholders from the wider community. The role may require travel across all Alfred Health and Southwest Health campuses and the local community.
Are you a person with a disability? Have you supported a person / people with disability? Do you know someone with lived experience of disability who might be interested?
- Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent with a minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative role
- Well-developed administrative skills including competence in diary management, scheduling, and document management with the ability to design and deliver effective processes and systems.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal appropriately with all levels of enquiries in both verbal and written forms.
- Effective computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications and web-based communication platforms e.g., Microsoft Teams
- Sound organisation skills with the ability to determine work priorities and meet deadlines ensuring a substantial level of accountability.
- Demonstrated ability in taking a proactive approach, utilising own initiative and working through tasks with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team as well as independently under general supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- A basic understanding of project management principles.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
You are welcome to call us to talk about how you want to apply and find out more information about the role.
Let us know if you need any support or changes made to the way you apply (e.g., submission of application or interview process if shortlisted for interview). We understand that not everyone is comfortable applying or interviewing for a role in the same way all the time.
Enquiries: Janine Standen, SPEAK and Vulnerable Person Project Consultant on 0428 028 405 or please email J.Standen@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.