Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Graduate Nurse Educator -West Wing Emergency Psychiatry
- Part-Time, 40 hours per fortnight
- Fixed-Term – January 2022
- Classification code – Grade 4
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Emergency & Trauma Centre West Wing (West Wing) is an Emergency Psychiatry and Short Stay Area within the Emergency & Trauma Centre, specifically tailored to enable delivery of enhanced assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions. This environment is designed for safe observation and care of individuals requiring psychiatric and/or alcohol or other drug intervention or response to an otherwise undifferentiated behaviour of concern with a focus on brief interventions. It may also be used as an observation and management area for appropriate medical patients.
The Alfred Psychiatry Adult Acute In-patient units is open to people 18-65 years with both low dependency and high dependency units. The units use a multidisciplinary unit including medical staff, Mental health Nurses, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist, Art and Music therapist and a support Peer workforce.
The Graduate Nurse Educator is a member of the workforce development team. The major role of this position is the support of graduate and transition nurses into the Mental Health Graduate Nurse Program. The position will work collaboratively with the Mental Health Graduate Program Manager to ensure that we provide a supported program focusing on best practice.
A key requirement of the role is to effectively and efficiently perform a range of teaching roles and tasks to support graduate nurses. The West Wing is Mental Health & Alcohol and other drugs Hub within the Emergency & Trauma Centre (E&TC), incorporating the Brief Intervention and Short Stay Unit (BISSU). The West Wing is staffed with RPN’s and RNs to support therapeutic engagement and risk management of clients admitted to the E&TC. As well as support graduates in the Adult Acute Inpatient Unit Alfred Health.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Holds a postgraduate qualification in mental health nursing that is recognised by the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses as a mental health specialty program or is a hospital / university trained Mental Health Nurse
- Recent experience working in the public Mental Health setting as a nurse.
- Recent experience in planning educational sessions and working in nursing education is an advantage.
- Relevant computer skills
- Certificate IV Assessment and training (support provided to successful candidate)
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Shana McCormack, Psychiatry Nursing Education on 03) 9076 514
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.