Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Recreation Therapist/Officer: Inpatient ABI Rehabilitation Centre
- Full time - Permanent Ongoing, job share will be considered
- 80 hours a fortnight including an ADO
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham.
At Alfred Health, clinical service provision is focused on inpatient care, as well as outpatient services across a spectrum of specialties including aged care, plastic and orthopaedic, neurological, trauma, spinal, amputee and burns.
Further information about Alfred Health is available at www.alfredhealth.org.au
An exciting opportunity exists for a recreation officer to work within the Acquired Brain Injury inpatient rehabilitation (IPR) team. The IPR program has a focus on working towards person-centered goals in order to maximise participation, quality of life, and independence for people over the age of 18 years with an ABI. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Recreation Officer to provide opportunities to maximise participation for patients within the inpatient rehabilitation service.
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
- Bachelor degree with a major in recreation, OR;
- Certificate level qualifications in therapeutic recreation, with some experience working within a hospital setting, OR;
- Other relevant Allied Health Professional qualifications (e.g. OT, SW, SP, PT, EP), OR;
- Grade 3 Allied Health Assistant with experience in a hospital setting
- Ability to provide high level of service to inpatients using recreation and leisure as a treatment modality
- Ability to develop treatment plans that consider appropriate client goals, intervention strategies and performance measures
- Facilitate outcomes through group and individual treatment interventions
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality rehabilitation within a patient-centred, goal-directed framework
- Experience in a rehabilitation setting would be an advantage
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted)
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite gym
- Childcare services.
We require a cover letter and CV please for all applicaitons.
All enquiries to Danielle Sansonetti, Stream Leader Occupational Therapist ABI (9076 7423) D.Sansonetti@alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.