Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Admin Officer - Outpatients / VINAH
- Full time, 80 hours including ADO
- Fixed-Term until June 2022
- Classification code – HS1A / HS1
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Outpatients Program is responsible for the overall delivery of several non-admitted or ambulatory services across the organisation, including Specialist Consulting Clinics, The Alfred Transit Lounge, GP Liaison and Specialist Clinic referrals and enquiries. The largest component of these is the Specialist Consulting Clinics which provide scheduled medical, nursing and allied health services to non-admitted patients at all three campuses. Approximately 1000 patients are treated daily across Alfred Health Specialist Consulting Clinics within surgical, medical, and other specialties.
This position reports to the Administration Supervisor of the relevant work group. As part of the administration team for the Outpatient Program the administration officer will effectively and efficiently perform a range of administrative, reception and clerical tasks to support and assist the day-to-day function of the clinics and health service. The role is responsible for ensuring that the service provides best customer outcomes and meets both internal and external, including government, reporting requirements. The administration officer ensures that an approachable, responsive, and professional service is provided to patients, carers and health professionals. Responsibilities may include a range of administrative, data input and clerical tasks to support and assist day to day function of the clinics and health service, patient enquiries, clinic preparation, electronic appointment scheduling, referral management, telephone support and data entry.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel (foundational)
- Previous administration experience in a health setting
- Understanding and experience supporting MBS clinics in a similar setting
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy legislation
- Knowledge of Cerner Programs
- Typing accuracy and speed of at least 40wpm
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Understanding and experience of Medicare billing processes
- Demonstrated ability to plan workflow, prioritise and delegate to meet deadlines.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Easy public transport access
Enquiries: Fiona Wilson, Project Supervisor - VINAH Reporting- Outpatients on 03) 9076 9767
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.