Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Grade 3 preferred but will consider Grade 2 applicants
- Temporary 12 month position
- Part-time 64 hours a fortnight - job share will be considered
- Caulfield Hospital Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Service
- Inpatient & Community
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 36-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a state-wide community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled clinical psychologist to fill this varied and challenging role. Clinical work involves providing high-quality assessment and management of patients within the ABI Service, primarily in the areas of psychological disorder, therapy and behaviour. The role works three days/week on the inpatient ward and one day/week with the ABI Community Rehabilitation Service.
We are intending to appoint a Grade 3 but will consider applications at Grade 2 level. If appointed as a Grade 3 the Clinical Psychologist will provide regular clinical supervision to junior staff and contribute to quality improvement and research activities within the ABI Service.
ABOUT YOUR SKILLS
You will have:
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high-quality rehabilitation within a patient centred, goal directed framework.
- An approved degree with a major in psychology and post graduate qualifications (Masters or Doctorate) in Clinical Psychology, AHPRA Accreditation and Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist is required.
As Grade 3 you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and providing professional development to Psychology staff and Psychology students.
- Evidence of previous involvement in development and implementation of research or quality improvement activities.
- Clinical experience in and knowledge of the psychological consequences of acquired brain injury.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in behavioural assessment and management, psychological treatments and psycho-education of clients with acquired brain injury.
- Previous experience in a community setting.
Alfred Health's ABI Service provides you with access to regular clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a dedicated and supportive team of psychologists.
- Public Health means: paid annual leave (five weeks per annum), personal leave, superannuation and Salary Packaging (an opportunity to reduce your taxable income)
- Discount Health Insurance
All enquiries to Luke Delaney (Principal Clinical Neuropsychologist) or Michelle Farquhar (Manager ABI Community Service): 9076 7423
Applications close Wednesday 16th June 2021
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.