Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed Term; 12 months
- Part –time or full-time hours available; 60.8 - 76 hours per fortnight
- HS3 ($80,643 + super, full time equivalent)
- The Alfred Centre, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne
- Staff benefits
Monash School of Public Health & Preventive Medicine is a teaching and research unit of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences and is centred at the Alfred Hospital Campus beside the Burnet Institute. It plays a prominent role in public health medicine in Australia.
As the successful incumbent, you will provide key support to the clinical trial as part of the STAREE project at the Clinical Trial Centre based at the Alfred Centre, Melbourne. You will provide data and database support to the Principal Investigator, Senior Management and other STAREE staff. Your past experience with health data and programing will help develop the reporting, monitoring and quality of the project.
As the successful incumbent, you will have a degree in relevant field such as information technology, computer sciences or epidemiology with subsequent experience in database development and analysis. Your experience and knowledge in the development and maintenance of specifically designed databases combined with your well-developed knowledge and practical skills in troubleshooting will ensure you hit the ground running.
Ideally, you will have experience with statistical programs such as STATA or SPSS, previous experience in clinical trials and an understanding of human research ethics principles and good clinical practice.
If this sounds like a role that would suit your current career focus, we encourage your application.
- The appointee will have a degree in a relevant area with significant relevant work experience OR an equivalent combination of experience and/or education;
- Well-developed knowledge and practical skills in troubleshooting
- Comprehensive computer literacy skills including experience with software packages, e-mail and internet and the ability to acquire skills in the use of new software packages
- Demonstrated high level skills in the Microsoft office packages
- Demonstrated high level-written and oral communication skills in dealing with a range of individuals and groups including capacity to communicate ideas or concepts that are often complex and the ability to effectively analyse information and produce clear, succinct reports and documents.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work effectively under pressure, achieve goals within established timeframes and operate in a methodical manner
- Excellent research, analytical and consulting skills, including the ability to devise practical solutions to complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in working independently and autonomously under broad direction, as a member of a cohesive team with the desired ability to contribute to the strategic direction of the business unit
- Experience with statistical programs such as STATA or SPSS
- SQL skills
- Previous experience in clinical trials
- An understanding of human research ethics principles and good clinical practice
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Please include both a cover letter and CV with your application.
All enquiries to Dr. Simone Spark, Senior Clinical Trials Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.