Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Alfred Psychiatry is seeking applications from motivated psychiatry registrars who share The Alfred’s values and wish to participate in the Psychiatry Registrar Training Program, starting February 2022.
Psychiatry Registrar (Stage 2) - Third year
Third year trainees complete a mandatory six months in Liaison & Emergency (C-L) psychiatry at The Alfred, working in one of Victoria’s largest C-L services with liaison attachments to HIV-psychiatry, epilepsy, trauma, burns, cystic fibrosis, renal, neurology, oncology, acquired brain injury and addictions units with further liaison attachments to several state-wide subspecialties.
An exam tutorial programme runs twice-yearly to prepare for the written examination and the OSCE exam.
All trainees have an individual psychotherapy psychiatrist supervisor to support them in completing the 40-session Psychotherapy Written Case.
Psychiatry Registrar (stage 3)
Advanced Training Certification can be commenced once a registrar enters Stage 3 of training.
Advanced Certificates on offer at The Alfred include:
- Generalist Training (automatic enrolment)
- Consultation- Liaison Psychiatry
Adult/Generalist training boasts a large array of opportunities including:
- Private Practice Settings (e.g. Victoria Clinic, Albert Road Clinic, Epworth)
- Specialist Community Clinic placements (e.g. Homeless Team, Mobile Support Team, Navigations Team)
- Neuropsychiatry Rotations (e.g. Acquired Brain Injury Unit, Neuro-stimulation through Epworth, Victoria Clinic)
- Other opportunities (e.g. Crisis Assessment and Treatment, Alfred Psychiatry Intensive Care State-wide Service (APICSS))
Other educational opportunities include:
- an annual CBT seminar programme
- Reading Group (seminal psychotherapeutic articles)
- weekly Professorial Grand Round (a wide range of internal and external speakers)
- fortnightly Journal Club.
or further enquires please contact Dr Leo Chen (Director Psychiatry Registrar Training and Workforce) at Leo.Chen@alfred.org.au or Laurina Van Tilburg at L.VanTilburg@alfred.org.au
Applications close 5 October 2021
‘Candidates are advised that applications are reviewed as they are received and the department and hospital may finalise an appointment prior to the closing if appropriate, therefore, please lodge your application as soon as possible.’
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.