Grade 2 Occupational Therapist - Patient Flow acute and subacute
Permanent ongoing position
Part Time - 0.9 EFT
The Directorate - Allied Health
Alfred Health - Allied Health is comprised of a number of disciplines that provide patient centred care across all clinical programs that operate at Alfred Health, including acute, rehabilitation/aged care, mental health and community/ambulatory care services.
The Department - Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health - Occupational Therapy Services operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets
We are seeking a Grade 2 clinician to work in our Occupational Therapy team who has a broad range of skills and enjoys the opportunity to work both with patients in an acute setting and those needing ongoing rehabilitation either within a hospital setting or at home. Within this position you to treat the patients along the continuum to assist with the access and flow to the health service. The successful applicant will demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and be passionate about providing Occupational Therapy interventions to maximise functional independence and promote safety and quality of life. They will contribute strongly to the multidisciplinary team and deliver therapy via a combination of face to face and Telehealth modalities. The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to patient-centred care, collaborative practice and evidence-based knowledge translation.
Our program is dynamic and progressive in exploring new models of care and therefore will provide opportunity for involvement in leadership and service development. You will be expected to participate in teaching and training, and supervision of junior occupational therapists, Allied Health Assistants and undergraduate students.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated best practice in patient assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated skills in clinical supervision and teaching.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork, and a proven ability to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Established skills in organisation, planning and priority setting.
Applicants must also have the following:
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent.
- Full Registration held with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership).
- Minimum three years of clinical experience in Occupational Therapy – experience with rehabilitation and/or community based services is highly valued.
- Current Australian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
All enquiries to;
Jane Feutrill - Allied Health Deputy Manager - Occupational Therapy 0408 484 099 or firstname.lastname@example.org