Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Alfred Health runs the premier training program in Emergency Medicine at The Alfred and Sandringham Hospitals. Trainees benefit immensely from the opportunity to rotate across both sites and gain experience in these diverse clinical and academic environments. Applications are now open for our 2021 Emergency Registrar positions. All suitably qualified medical officers are encouraged to apply.
From previous trainee: "It has been an exhilarating and highly rewarding experience over the last 2 years at the Alfred. It's a high functioning academic department with great external rotations. Whatever your interest, be it trauma, ultrasound, research, retrieval medicine or education, you will find a FACEM at the Alfred to mentor you." Registrar 2018
The Alfred Emergency & Trauma Centre is a dynamic department which, in addition to a high acuity case mix, offers:
- 24 month accreditation by ACEM
- 5 hours protected teaching time each week
- Highly successful Primary and Fellowship Exam training programs held every Wednesday
- Extensive emergency medicine research program – support available for trainees (co-ordinated by Prof Peter Cameron and Prof Dev Mitra – Department of Epidemiology & Preventive Medicine, Monash University)
- External rotations including:
- Alfred ICU
- Cabrini ICU
- Epworth ICU
- Alfred Anaesthetics
- Cabrini Anaesthetics
- Trauma Services
- Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital
- Cabrini Hospital ED
- Hyperbaric Service
- Senior registrar program designed to develop skills to assist transition to consultant.
- Research Fellow position. This position is part time clinical and part time research and is intended for a senior trainee with a passion for research. Further details available – please contact Jeremy Stevens (J.Stevens@alfred.org.au).
Sandringham Emergency Department is a busy urban district ED seeing approximately 43,000 presentations per year, offering trainees:
- 12 months accreditation by ACEM
- Paediatric presentations for Paediatric logbook
- 5 hours protected teaching time per week - trainees are rostered to attend - held at Alfred ED
For further information regarding the Alfred Health medical training positions, please contact Dr Jeremy Stevens (Deputy Director Emergency Services for Alfred Health) on (03) 9076 2782 or email J.Stevens@alfred.org.au
Applications close 30th June 2021
Candidates are advised that applications are reviewed as they are received and the department and hospital may finalise appointments prior to the closing date if appropriate, therefore, please lodge your application as soon as possible.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.