Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Pharmacy Clinical Informatics Analyst
- Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Permanent position
- Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers)
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patient, their family and other health services to provide excellent service in the area of medication. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health provides a dynamic and innovative clinical pharmacy service to ensure Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
Alfred Health is currently seeking a Business Analyst with experience in the healthcare setting for the role of Pharmacy Clinical Informatics Analyst.
In this role, you will be expected to support the Pharmacy Clinical informatics team to help deliver the clinical informatics strategy within Alfred Health. This will involve maintaining, supporting and implementing pharmacy clinical information systems (e.g. Cerner, Omnicell, i.Pharmacy) that have a direct impact on medication management processes at Alfred Health.
This position is a rare opportunity to work with an exciting and motivated team and will provide plenty of opportunities for project management, developing reporting capabilities and professional development.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate decision making skills
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written English
- Ability to extract and present information from clinical information systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A tertiary degree and /or professional qualification(s) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Informatics or IT / healthcare related experience highly desirable
- A background of at least 12 months in health informatics highly desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with Cerner EMR or equivalent EMR implementations and systems highly desirable
As an Alfred Health employee, you will be a part of a dynamic team which work in one of Australian's leading clinical pharmacies.
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
- Car parking
- Child Care
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Jarrod Yip – Lead Pharmacist – Clinical Informatics on J.Yip@alfred.org.au
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications on Sunday 2nd May 2021
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.