Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- YP2 – YP11, Registered Nurse Grade 2.
- Ward 4 East, The Alfred Hospital
Ward 4 East is a 40-bed acute general medical ward that cares for a range of diverse patient cohorts with both acute and chronic disease. It is a dynamic environment that receives patients from both the Emergency Department and ICU, as well inter-hospital transfers from other wards at our Caulfield and Sandringham campuses and other external healthcare providers. We value collaboration and interdisciplinary teamwork in order to provide the best possible care to our patients in a timely and efficient manner.
As a clinical nurse, your practice will lead to excellent inpatient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient-centered care, trust, and respect in every interaction with patients, carers, and colleagues. As a nurse, you are accountable for establishing and evaluating the patient’s plan of care in partnership with the patient, their careers, and other members of the health care team. You are supported in your role as a clinical nurse by all other nursing members on the ward.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Current Registered Nurse Division 1 registration with the Nurses Board of Victoria
2. Recent acute clinical nursing background in a relevant health service, preferably in a general medical setting
3. Demonstrated ability in the following aspects of nursing care:
- Provide patient centered care to achieve the best outcomes
- Communicate effectively across the broader General Medicine team
- Experience and knowledge of computer and IT systems, especially electronic medical records
- Work within interdisciplinary team to problem solve matters relating to patient care in a solution focused manner
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Please ensure you include your relevant acute and general medical experience in your cover letter and CV
All enquiries to Francis Dignam 907 63249
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.