Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full-time, Fixed term to 30 June 2022
- Based in Frankston with travel between sites
- RPN Grade 4, OT/SW/PSY Grade 3
- Help create a new type of service with young people and their families
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be involved in an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community
- A meaningful job role with other like-minded team players
- An opportunity to be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues
Headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most innovative and comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a senior clinician within our Continuing Care Team (CCT), you will provide clinical assessment, intervention, case-management and therapy to young people presenting with or at risk of developing early psychosis and facilitate a culture that emphasises family involvement.
You will also support the clinical and operational leadership of the team and ensure clinical work is completed in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
We’ll need you to have the following:
- Relevant professional registration or membership
- Post graduate qualifications (desired)
- Experience in working with psychosis / alcohol and other drug issues
- Knowledge of principles and applications of the Mental Health Act (2014)
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children Check & be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Access to salary packaging, novated leasing, discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities, including opportunities to participate in the headspace Discovery College
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Mike Etheridge on ph: 0409 405 137
Closing date: Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.