Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Senior Clinician for a new headspace Centre being established in Syndal (Monash Area)
- Exciting opportunity to be part of establishing a new service
- Part-time - Fixed term until June 2022 based in Syndal
- RPN4, SW/OT/PSY3
- 1 day a week avaiable for Family Single Session Clinician
- Make a difference and create innovative services with, and for, young people and their families
headspace offers a ‘one stop shop’ for young people aged 12 -25 and their families who may be experiencing mental health challenges. Providing an opportunity for young people to receive help early and promote a 'no wrong door' approach to supporting young people and their families through the provision of GPs, counsellors, Alcohol & other Drug workers and Vocational and Educational support.
Alfred Health is the lead agency for this program and offers the opportunity to work in a growing dynamic healthcare environment.
What you’ll be doing
You will be the first point of contact with the service and will provide the initial screening response to those contacting headspace Syndal.
You will be capable of providing customer service that is highly engaging and responsive to the needs of young people and their families. Streamlined entry to headspace services will be supported by timely decision-making and case allocation.
You will have demonstrated clinical leadership and will be instrumental in providing good clinical governance to other staff and the private practitioners operating on the site.
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- We are seeking one senior clinician to provide the team coordination to the service and one who will have expertise in coordinating family sensitive practices.
- Post graduate qualifications (desired)
- Appropriate work visa / Current Victorian Driver's License / Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one
What's in it for you?
- Be involved in the establishment of a new headspace centre in Syndal (Monash area), an innovative youth mental health program that is making a difference in the community
- A supportive and fun team working environment with Administration staff & Senior Clinicians to support you on site
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Jane Laidlaw on ph: 9076 7500
Applications close Wednesday 21 April 2021 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.