Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent ongoing
- Full-time or substantial part-time position available
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Working closely with a Director Medical Service and the Director of Patient Safety & Improvement, the manager of the legal support service leads a small team overseeing the management of strategic and operational medico-legal and related services, which includes Freedom of Information (FoI) and liaison with Victoria Police. As the manager you would be accountable for ensuring the day to-day operations of the medico-legal service, including people, financial, and business systems. You will look for ways to enhance effectiveness by establishing, reviewing, and improving the management of all related processes/systems.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) heads the Medical Services Division, which incorporates the Legal Support Service, along with the Medical Services Executive, the Medical Workforce Office, Medical Education, and the Clinical Governance Unit.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A suitable tertiary qualification;
- Proven experience in leading and mentoring a small team;
- Proven experience to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills;
- A high degree of attention to detail and professionalism with the ability to take complex matters, analyse information and problem solve;
- A natural flair for reviewing and improving systems/processes to increase efficiencies; and
- Excellent digital systems literacy and experience working with these.
It is also desirable that the successful candidate have:
- Prior knowledge/experience working across an electronic medical record system(s);
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role in health, corporate and/or a legal firm;
- Understanding of medico-legal and/ or accounts receivable and related matters; and
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of legislations and policies relevant to release of information and health record management.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Discounted car parking
For a confidential discussion, please contact Dr Pip Hawkings or Dr Colin Feekery on 9076 3332.
Applications close 18 April 2021.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.