Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
We are currently experiencing high levels of competition for the roles that become available across our cardiac wards.
This is due to the supportive team and educational culture we foster, and the challenge and satisfaction that comes from the level of acuity and complexity of our patients.
Join our Cardiac Talent Pool to register your interest for future positions within the highly sought-after Cardiac wards at The Alfred.
- Fixed and Ongoing roles
- Part time—up to 72 hours per fortnight
- Registered Nurse, Grade 2, Years 2-10 (approx. $58k-$78k per annum)
- Career Development Opportunities
- Outstanding support and training
- Alfred Location
- Staff benefits
Ward 3 East at The Alfred Hospital is a 29-bed acute cardiac unit which forms part of the comprehensive cardiovascular service operating on the third floor.
Our unit specialises in the management of critically unwell patients requiring Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery and Heart Failure services, inclusive of the state-wide transplantation and mechanical circulatory support service. Ward 3 West at The Alfred is a 46-bed cardiac step-down unit, which specialises in general Cardiology, Heart Failure, Cardiothoracic services and Cardiac monitoring and referral services for medical and surgical specialties.
As a clinical nurse, your practice will be essential in providing excellence in cardiac nursing. You understand the pivotal values of patient-centred care and are experienced in building respect and trust with your patients, their carers and your colleagues. As a Registered Nurse, you will be accountable for providing patient centred care to patient with a variety of cardiac conditions. You will be collaboratively developing comprehensive plans of care in partnership with the patient, their carers and other members of the multidisciplinary health care team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A keen interest in cardiac care
- Relevant work experience in an acute hospital setting
- Patient-focused and adaptable
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as autonomously
- Willingness to embrace improvements which lead to high-quality patient outcomes
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Post graduate qualification in critical care, or willingness towards, is desirable
- Career development opportunities
- Supportive environment
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in joining our Cardiac Talent Pool, so you can be personally contacted for upcoming positions or would like any further details, please contact Anna George on 9076 5212 or Gemma Tate on 90763632.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.