Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Organisational Development (OD) Consultant - Staff Experience
- Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
- Mat Leave Cover
- Part time hours
This is an excellent opportunity to join the high-performing leaders and people at one of Australia most pre-eminent health services.
Recently awarded the Victorian Premier’s ‘Large Public Health Service of the Year’ Alfred Health is one of Australia’s major health services with three hospital campuses, a large network of community programs and 14 state-wide services. With over 9,000 employees we provide the most comprehensive range of healthcare services in the State of Victoria to a primary catchment of 650,000 patients and a much larger overall catchment reflecting our significant State role.
Alfred Health has traditionally looked to the OD role to help influence and contribute positively to enabling positive, productive and healthy cultures of leadership, conversation, team unity, wellbeing and system level collaboration.
Based at The Alfred Hospital and as part of a small team, this role offers consistent opportunities to work closely with managers and teams in both clinical and business service domains. You will thrive in this environment if at the core you are a team player, relationship builder, self starting, strong on project based assignments and a creative problem solver!
Strategically, you will partner with senior leaders to provide a range of supports to our people who provide direct care to patients, families and the most vulnerable people in our community.
Primary focus areas in this role include fostering posItive and productive staff experience through:
- High-engagement event design, coordination and planning for our annual centre-piece of formal recognition program, the annual staff 'Recognising Excellence Awards'.
- Mapping staff and patient feedback (surveys, focus groups, existing qualitative and quantitative data sets) to create responses to improve staff experience and wellbeing.
Secondary focus areas in this role include fostering postive and productive staff experience through:
- Cultre building activities at the system and organisational level, and through bespoke OD consulting engagements with managers and their teams.
- Leadership development, team building, workshop design, training delivery and facilitation.
- Fostering coaching initiatives with managers and teams.
Practically, we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience and enthusiasm for event design, engagement and coordination skills to steward the annual 'Recognising Excellence' awards which include an existing and comprehensive process.
- Strong creative and analytical skills to help understand and interpret staff feedback, and map findings to identify ways we can link positive and prodictive staff experiences to also impact positive patient experiences.
- Ability to design and facilitate (in-person and online) training and team workshops.
- Experience of applied consulting work within contexts that can be ambiguous or complex, where change initiatives move at variable speeds and rely on multiple factors and system/group level collaboration.
We expect that you will be a compassionate and resilient OD practitioner, or HR consultant looking to transition into OD, with a flexible approach to ad-hoc and diverse assignments, and comfortable working in a complex helathcare environment.
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite gym
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Wednesday 12th May, 2021
All enquiries to Marck Krnjaic,Manager, Organisational Development, People & Culture Exec
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.