Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Grade 3 Dietitian Respiratory Medicine: Lung Transplant
- Alfred Hospital
- Full Time Fixed Term Position (until November 2021)
Alfred Health’s Nutrition Department is seeking an outstanding senior clinical dietitian to work in Respiratory Medicine with a focus on Lung Transplant.
Alfred Health Lung Transplant service is one of the largest in the world, performing 5% of all lung transplantations and covering the southern Australian states and New Zealand. It has strong links to clinical programs in severe interstitial lung disease, pulmonary hypertension and severe COPD and has performed over 500 lung transplants. It is the only dedicated centre for paediatric lung transplants in Australia.
The Nutrition Department
Alfred Nutrition provides an integrated nutrition and dietetic service at The Alfred, Sandringham and Caulfield Hospitals. The Department has had a long and valued relationship within the Alfred, with the first ever dietitian in Australia being appointed at The Alfred in 1930. Alfred Nutrition provides nutritional care to Alfred Health’s patients during their healthcare journey including prevention of malnutrition, optimising nutritional wellbeing and recovery. The department has a proud history of clinical and academic excellence and has innovative staff development programs to support ongoing professional development. The Nutrition Department’s shared values include: Providing a quality service and striving for excellence which is underpinned by respect, teamwork, integrity and openness.
Clinical expertise in lung transplant, strong leadership skills and a proven track record of co-ordination and implementation of quality initiatives in clinical nutrition are key aspects of this role. The position works with a team of dietitians supporting respiratory services including general respiratory, lung transplant and cystic fibrosis. The successful candidate will be well supported. The Nutrition department has a proud history of research and there is opportunity to participate and/or undertake research projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong clinical skills in nutrition support and experience working across inpatient and outpatient services
- Experience working in respiratory medicine, lung transplant and or other solid organ transplant clinical services is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, ability to lead a team and proficiency in nutrition education
- Experience of continuous quality improvement and service development
- 7 years post-graduate experience
- Eligibility for membership of DA and APD credentialed is essential
- Post graduate qualification or be progressing toward one
Benefits include salary packaging, onsite parking, discounted private health insurance. Close to shops and public transport. Based in Prahan, Melbourne
Professor Ibolya Nyulasi, Manager Nutrition Services
Phone: 0419 770 048
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.