Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Grade 2 (Fixed Term) Occupational Therapist, Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
- Full time (1.0 EFT) fixed term (until March 2022) - community setting
- Part time (21 hours/week) fixed term (until January 2022) - inpatient setting
We are seeking two dynamic and experienced Grade 2 clinicians to fill two fixed term roles within the Alfred Health Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program.
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service is comprised of a 42-bed inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
The Grade 2 ABI Rotational program includes inpatient rehabilitation, which has a focus on working towards person-centered goals to maximise participation, quality of life, and independence for people over the age of 18 years with an ABI. It also includes community rehabilitation, providing therapy services within people homes and community settings.
We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled occupational therapists to provide high quality assessment and management of patients within the ABI service.
You will have:
- A minimum of 3 years clinical experience in occupational therapy
- AHPRA registration, and eligibility for OTA membership
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted)
- Clinical experience in and knowledge of patient-centred, occupation-based practice for patients with acquired brain injury in an inpatient setting.
- Demonstrated skills in both cognitive and physical assessment and intervention, complex seating, equipment prescription, and home modifications.
- Experience in, or awareness of, management approaches for behaviours of concern
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team to provide high quality rehabilitation within a patient-centred, goal-directed framework.
- Experience working in the community setting providing rehabilitation in patient’s homes
- Previous experience with the use of Telehealth will be advantageous
- Provision of supervision of junior staff and students
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
Alfred Health’s ABI Service provides you with access to regular clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a friendly and supportive team.
Enquiries to Danielle Sansonetti (Ph: 9076 7423) Grade 4 Occupational Therapist, ABI Rehabilitation Centre, Caulfield Hospital
Please specify on your cover letter which of the two roles you are applying for.
Applications to be submitted electronically via The Alfred Health website www.alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.