Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Team Coordinator – Gambling Minds
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight, including an ADO OR part time
- Fixed-Term – March 2022
- Classification code – Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4 or Allied Health Grade 3
- Staff benefits
- Alfred location @St Kilda road
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Waiora Clinic in Armadale, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin and Headspace service in various locations in Victoria. Addiction services include South City Clinic and the state-wide Problem Gambling and Mental Health Service. Alfred Psychiatry also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies..
Gambling Minds sits within the CLE program of AMAH. The program includes Emergency Psychiatry, CL, Addictions, Hope (Suicide Prevention) and Access.
The Team Coordinator will have leadership responsibility for the effective delivery of services and will manage a range of relevant clinical and non-clinical responsibilities to ensure that the program consistently delivers high quality, cost effective services for its clients, service partners and relevant community stake-holders.
Registration with relevant professional organisation or body with relevant post graduate qualifications in mental health.
- A thorough knowledge of relevant government policy directions.
- Background and/ or experience in mental health
- Experience and or back ground in addition medicines with a focus on gambling
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- Community development experience
- An in-depth understanding of community care and treatment models, telephone consultation, referral systems, mental state and risk assessment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Victorian Mental Health Act (2014) and other relevant legislation and policies
- Thorough knowledge of the Victorian Government policy approach to gambling
- Thorough knowledge of the Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation direction
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
Acting Operations Manager
Consultation Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry
0427 196 463
To apply: Please click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.