Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Allied Health Assistant Acute Social Work
Permanent Part Time 0.6EFT (48 hrs per fortnight)
Alfred Health Social Work Service
The Alfred Health Social Work Service operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals. The Social Work Service is aligned to the Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets.
The Social Work Service includes approximately 52 EFT (operational reports) with an additional 70 EFT (professional reports) who provide interventions to inpatients and outpatients across all Alfred Health clinical programs.
The Social Work Service is committed to the teaching and ongoing professional education of staff and students, research and quality improvement activities. All Social Work staff must meet the profession’s competency-based minimum standards of practice at all times and must be eligible for AASW registration.
The Alfred Health Social Work Service provides the workforce to each clinical program and therefore supports each clinical program meeting performance targets including patient experience, access, and elective surgery and waitlist management measures.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced hospital Allied Health Assistant to join the dynamic team within acute services at Alfred Hospital, becoming part of a supportive department committed to excellence and innovation.
This position involves providing Allied Health Assistant support to the Social Work Service, predominantly within the Chronic Illness and General Medicine Teams. The incumbent will work as part of a motivated team where responsibilities include the organisation and communication of a range of administrative and patient related activities. The Allied Health Assistant works closely with the interdisciplinary team to provide a flexible and responsive service that works to meet each client’s identified therapeutic and discharge goals.
The Grade 2 Allied Health Assistant Role is responsible for:
• Assisting with paperwork relevant to patient discharge planning where complex engagement by social work is required such as referral so VPTAS, HARP, ACAS, TCP, SCOTT and reinstating previous services.
• Assisting social workers in communicating with service providers and making referrals to external service providers.
• Sourcing, collating, maintaining and updating ward and department resources including Council resources, meal options, Centrelink information accommodation options.
• Liaising with other health professionals and referrers regarding relevant patients as appropriate.
• Arranging clothing for patients to be resourced as required.
• Ensuring confidential client records are kept in accordance with relevant legislation.
• Effectively managing reception desk enquiries from patients, other hospital staff and visitors, and accepting delivery of goods as and when required. This is on an ongoing 1 day a week basis as well as ad hoc/ leverage coverage.
• Maintaining departmental forms and Social Work resources (including ensuring an adequate supply of, VCAT forms, Centrelink and Aged Care Packs).
• Maintaining resource files and active management and maintenance of on-line resources to create an easily accessible on line resource file.
• Keeping up to date statistics on Cerner as required.
• Assisting in the orientation program for new staff members and students.
• Carrying out other appropriate duties that will contribute to the efficient running of the Social Work Service Department in conjunction with the relevant Social Work staff member.
• Salary Packaging
• Discount Health Insurance
• Car Parking (subject to availability)
• Onsite Gym
• Child care services
Applications close January 20, 2021
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in your application
All enquiries to Jo Matchado, Grade 4 Social worker 9076 3026
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.