Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Perioperative Services
An exciting opportunity to lead clinical pharmacy services to the Operating Theatres, Pre-admission Clinic and General Anaesthetic Allergy Clinic across Alfred Health in one of Australia’s most progressive, dynamic and award-winning Pharmacy departments.
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Grade 3 Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Perioperative services
- Permanent fulltime contract – 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide high level pharmaceutical care. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Alfred Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Senior Clinical Pharmacist and Lead Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and team-based structure underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to lead clinical pharmacy services for patients requiring perioperative care under our internationally renowned Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine department and Surgical units. You will be supported by expert senior staff and work collaboratively with Senior Pharmacists across a wide range of specialties to provide innovative pharmacy services to achieve the best medication outcomes for our patients. You will also contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through practice-based research, service improvement work and educational opportunities. In conjunction with the Lead Pharmacist - Analgesic Stewardship and Perioperative Services, the post holder will also contribute to the provision of clinical pharmacy services to the Analgesic Stewardship program within Alfred Health.
To succeed as the Senior Clinical Pharmacist – Perioperative Services at Alfred Health you need to demonstrate:
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge with extensive experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services to surgical services, operating theatres, anaesthetics, pain and/or critical care
- Patient-centred approach to care
- Problem-solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- A proven ability to manage staff, change and service development
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or clinical education highly desirable
- Credentialing or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
Staff benefits include salary packaging, accrued day off, on site car parking, discounted private health insurance, access to gym, library facilities and onsite childcare. Close to public transport and shops.
For more details on the role please review the attached Position Description, or for a confidential discussion please contact Thuy Bui on 9076 2061 or email@example.com
Applications close at midnight Sunday 7th February 2021
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.