Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Permanent full-time position
- Classification - Grade 3 Physiotherapist; VB7 - VC1
- Community Rehabilitation Program, based at Caulfield Hospital
The Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program comprises Home Based, Centre Based and Falls Clinic services, and is situated at Caulfield Hospital.
Community Rehabilitation provides a comprehensive client-centred service that is responsive to the needs of the community. Eligible clients are assisted by the interdisciplinary team to achieve their goals following a change in their function due to an injury or an illness. The Community Rehabilitation team comprises Manager, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists, Social Workers, Allied Health Assistants, Community Health Nurse, sessional Medical Specialists, Dietitians, Neoropsychologist and Clinical Psychologist.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Senior Physiotherapist to provide operational leadership to staff working within one of the four interdisciplinary Community Rehabilitation teams.
Another major focus of this position is to provide clinical leadership to Physiotherapists working within Community Rehabilitation Program, including an involvement with broader service development and quality improvement as well as the provision of high-quality clinical services to ambulatory clients.
- A Bachelor, Master or Doctor Degree in Physiotherapy
- Current Registration with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Current Victorian driver's licence
- Post Graduate Qualifications in Physiotherapy, Public Health, Management or other relevant clinical or managerial areas
- Eperience in Neurological Physiotherapy
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum seven years of clinical experience (including in outpatient or community based rehabilitation).
- Strong clinical knowledge and skills in ambulatory rehabilitation, treatment techniques and outcome measures.
- Demonstrated previous expertise in leadership of health services.
- Well-developed leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to undertake professional supervision and performance management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skills in the evaluation and implementation of evidence-based practice and modification of service delivery.
- Prior involvement in leading quality improvement initiatives.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork, and a proven ability to resolve conflict and relate effectively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound skills in organisation, planning and priority setting.
You will be part of a team that has a primary focus in improving the health and well-being of patients.
We provide opportunities for professional development and supervision.
Other benefits include:
- Salary packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Child Care
Enquiries: Lana Umansky (Manager Community Rehabilitation Program) on 9076 6207 or 0419 577 123
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.