Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Private Practitioner - headspace Syndal (also sessions available at Elsternwick &/or Bentleigh)
- OT / SW / Psychologist / Psychiatrists / General Practitioners
- Operate as a session based Private Practitioner; set your hours
- Honorary employee to Alfred Health, Fixed-term to June 2022
- Must have provider number for bulk billing to Medicare
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be involved in the establishment of a new headspace Centre in Syndal (Waverley area), an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community!
- No fee charges for room or reception, therefore you receive 100% of the Medicare Billing, and where clients can afford it, a full fee payment $35 above the Medicare rebate amount
- A supportive and fun team working environment
Established in 2006, headspace offers a ‘one-stop shop’ for young people aged 12 -25 and their families who may be experiencing mental health difficulties. It provides an opportunity for young people to receive help early and promotes a 'no wrong door' approach to supporting young people and their families through the provision of GPs, counsellors, Alcohol & other Drug workers and Vocational and Educational support.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Allied Mental Health Practitioner is responsible for the provision of counselling services to young people aged between 12 – 25 years at headspace under a Mental Health Care Plan through Medicare-funded items as a private provider.
Our experienced and supportive Access team will screen referrals, allocate to the appropriate private practitioner based on the young person’s clinical needs and presentation and schedule first time clients in to your appointment schedule.
It is a condition of employment that appointees to this position are contracted private practitioners with Alfred Health operating from the headspace Centre.
You’ll have the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and registration (AHPRA or AASW)
- Must have provider number for bulk-billing to Medicare
- Indemnity insurance to the value of $10 million
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- Current working rights visa
- Satisfactory completion of a Police Check and Working with Children Check
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more detail on the role please contact Jane Laidlaw on ph: 9076 7500
Applications close Tuesday 16 March 2021 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.