Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part time - 45.6 hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- Fixed term - 12 months
- Classification code : HS4
- Based at 553 St Kilda Road
- Be a part of the Monash and Alfred research program
The Communications Manager (APFPR) is responsible for developing and overseeing the communications and public relations activities of the Australasian Pelvic Floor Procedure Registry (APFPR), a national registry that collects information on pelvic floor procedures involving mesh or related prostheses, with the primary aim of enhancing the safety of these devices.
The role will lead an overall communications strategy for the registry, including shaping key messages to stakeholder groups, support the promotion of key APFPR events, oversee social media communications, and assist in the design and development of key branding and promotional material.
The role will work with registry management to foster strong relationships in these activities with the key stakeholder groups of clinicians, consumers, government and industry. The position will comprise varied activities, and will be supported by the APFPR team as well as the broader Monash communications and marketing professional services.
The position will also provide limited support to other related registries from time to time, and there is potential for the scope of the role to increase over time.
- The appointee will have:
- relevant postgraduate qualifications in journalism, communications, marketing, media or other relevant discipline
- communications and public relations experience
- a health or science-related background is an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing communications strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated experience leading successful strategic communications projects.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to apply high-level problem-solving, creativity and strategic thinking
- High-level relationship management skills, with demonstrated evidence of the development of effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- High level of competency in the use of content management systems and social media, with demonstrated ability to make the best use of new technologies and innovations in communications.
- Experience in related technologies such as Squiz (or another CMS), Adobe Creative Cloud or similar products would be an advantage.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate health-related issues with empathy and sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience preferably in a health or tertiary education-related area.
- Demonstrated interest in science and health.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- Great work/life balance
Any queries please call 9903 0463 or email Professor Susannah Ahern, Head, Registry Science and Research email@example.com or Ms Joanne Dean, APFPR Program Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.