Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed Term - 12 months
- Part-Time position (45.6 - 60.8 hours per fortnight)
- Based at St Kilda Road, however, working from home conditions may apply due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Staff benefits
Cochrane Australia is one of 50 centres internationally, that coordinate the activities of Cochrane at national and regional levels.
Our key activities include:
- promoting the use of evidence in healthcare decision-making
- training and supporting contributors to Cochrane, and others, who want to produce independent, high-quality evidence in the form of systematic reviews, guidelines and other research syntheses
- pursuing a research agenda relating to the production, use and implementation of evidence at both a policy and clinical level
- undertaking commissioned reviews and other evidence services.
Cochrane Australia is part of the School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine at Monash University and is based in St Kilda Road. This role will involve working closely with colleagues across Cochrane nationally and internationally, and with staff at Monash University.
The Biostatistician will contribute to team research in Cochrane Australia and lead and develop materials for training in evidence synthesis. They will lead the analysis of primary research; contribute to the platform of work in evidence synthesis, including undertaking meta-analyses; and contribute to evidence synthesis training.
We are looking for a highly organised person with a demonstrated capacity to establish and achieve goals, work independently in a research environment and as part of an interdisciplinary research team in a collegiate manner.
Skills & Competencies
- graduate, post-graduate or PhD qualifications in biostatistics, statistics, medical statistics or applied statistics, or in public health, health services research or clinical epidemiology
- demonstrated skills in research methods, statistical analysis and meta-analysis, ideally including experience with network meta-analysis, ITS analysis and cluster-randomised study designs
- experience in the development and delivery of professional training (online and face-to-face)
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate statistical results to non-statisticians
- demonstrated advanced skills in applying advanced statistical analysis methods using relevant software packages (e.g., SAS, STATA, R, RevMan or equivalent)
This position provides the opportunity to be part of the global Cochrane network, contributing to advancing evidence-informed health decisions through primary research, research synthesis, and training.
- Competitive salary, negotiable for the right candidate
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close 11pm date 1st December 2020
Please provide a statement addressing the key selection criteria in the position description, together with your cover letter and CV.
All enquiries to Professor Sally Green, Co-Director Cochrane Australia on (03) 9903 0945.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.