Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Project Lead (Gender Equity)
- Part-time, 40 hours per fortnight
- Fixed Term – October 2021
- Staff benefits
It is an exciting time to be joining Alfred Health as Project Lead (Gender Equity) and lead our response to Gender Equity and Inclusion under the Gender Equity Act 2020. This greenfield position will provide support to the Gender Equity Committee as Alfred Health coordinates central strategic workforce initiatives which promote and drive sustainable cultural changes towards gender Equity across our three sites; The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham.
This high profile role will speak to you if you have a strong commitment to gender Equity and diversity, unquestionable ethics and have previous experience leading project planning sessions and preparing reports for senior stakeholders including at the executive or board level. In this fixed term position, you can expect your work will be centred on developing Alfred Health’s initial Gender Equity Action plan and deep diving into workforce data to identify areas open for immediate change and impact.
The main objectives of this role are:
- To coordinate Alfred Health’s response to gender disparity in healthcare.
- Developing and implementing Alfred Health’s first Gender Equity Action Plan
- Collecting, monitoring and reporting on health system-wide data on key gender and diversity indictors
- Building, engaging and deploying a network of local gender Equity champions to help us deliver change organisational wide
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous project experience leading high profile organisational cultural or workforce projects
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills with (ideally) prior experience writing reports and strategic plans for an executive audience
- Excel skills and a proven ability to collate and interpret data into meaningful workforce action
- A demonstrated work history, which acknowledges the compounding factors of race, ethnicity and culture, has on gendered issues and a commitment to considering these factors concurrently and with equal significance as gender to drive cultural diversity alongside gender diversity.
- Previous experience working in a healthcare setting – desirable but not essential
- Previous exposure to gender diversity within the Health Industry- desirable but not essential
In return, you will be joining a team of collaborators and you can expect to receive strong support from leaders including from the executive level to deliver rapid and sustainable change with immediate impact. In joining Alfred Health as an employer of choice, you will have access to salary packaging options, novated leasing and an onsite gym (post COVID) as well as the option to work in a location that has easy public transport access.
We understand that work needs to be flexible to your needs and working from home for some of your hours can be made available. (It is important to note that Alfred Health is an employer delivering a frontline community response to COVID and you will be required to regularly work onsite despite current COVID restrictions).
For further information, please contact Lisa Stephenson, Employee Relations on 0429 527 764
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.