Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Grade 3 Senior Pharmacist - Workforce and Development
Full-Time - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
12-month fixed contract – Parental Leave
The Pharmacy Department works closely with patients, their family and other health services to provide high level pharmaceutical care. Our departments' priorities are to provide information on medication safety, cost-effective use of medication for patients and deliver specialised pharmacy expertise at important points of a patient's recovery or treatment process. The Pharmacy Department at Alfred Health is a dynamic and innovative service at the forefront of clinical practice.
The Alfred Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output. We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist with experience in clinical pharmacy and clinical education to join our Workforce and Development Team.
Working as a member of the Workforce and Development Team, supported by expert senior staff, you will assist in the development and management of core clinical education activities, including the design and implementation of key programs in our department. These programs include our intern, undergraduate, foundation residency and advanced residency programs, as well as key clinical pharmacy credentials. You will also be assigned a part-time clinical pharmacy role and will contribute to improving medication management within a multidisciplinary team. You will also be supported to conduct practice-based research projects in clinical pharmacy and clinical education.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate:
- Experience with clinical education in a hospital or academic setting
- High level of clinical skills and knowledge as well as judgement and reasoning
- Patient-centred approach to care
- Problem-solving and risk assessment abilities and the ability to use initiative
- Excellent communication, time management skills with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
Qualifications & Experience required
- Registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy or clinical education highly desirable
- Extensive clinical pharmacy experience in a tertiary care setting
- Experience, qualifications or a strong interest in clinical education
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards credentialing as Consolidation or Advanced (Level 2 or 3) on the Australian Advanced Level Framework highly desirable
Benefits & Assistance Offered
Staff benefits include salary packaging, accrued day off, on site car parking, discounted private health insurance, access to gym and library facilities. Close to public transport and shops.
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
Applications close at midnight Wednesday 9th December 2020
For a confidential discussion please contact Steven Walker, Lead Pharmacist - Workforce and Development
Telephone 03 9076 2061 or email email@example.com
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website (link below) - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.