Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Part time (32 hours per fortnight)
- Peer worker level 2 year 1.
- South Yarra PARC
ALFRED MENTAL AND ADDICTION HEALTH
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is the Area Mental Health Service responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St Kilda Road Clinic in St.Kilda, PARC in South Yarra, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, the Chld & Adolescent Service currently located in Moorabbin and Aged Psychiatry based at Caulfield Hospital.
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health Adult services comprise 3 Programs:
- Acute Program (Adult Psychiatric Inpatient Units)
- Emergency and Consultation Liaison Psychiatry (Triage, CATT, Emergency Dept and CL)
- (Adult) Community Mental and Addiction Health (St Kilda Road Clinic, PARC, Alma Rd CCU)
We are seeking an individual with lived experience of mental health or alcohol and other drug services to work at South Yarra PARC. This initiative and exciting position will play a key role in ensuring that the delivery of the workforce that includes recovery-oriented practices informed by the input of the lived experience peer workforce. This position will provide unique peer led lived experience, supporting recovery, planning and coping strategies that engage consumers in opportunities for meaningful community living. Alfred Mental and Addiction Health has recently partnered with ERHMA 365 at PARC and this is a fantastic opportunity to support innovation and change for this service.
- Lived experience of your own mental challenges and a rich understanding of your own processes of recovery that inspires hope and belief in recovery
- Be able to articulate the guiding principles, values and ethics of lived experience peer support work
- Demonstrated ability to support consumers to discover their own meaningful connections within their community
- Experience in working collaboratively with individuals and groups
- Certificate IV in Peer Work (or related) desirable.
South Yarra PARC provides a warm and welcoming environment. The site is centrally located and well serviced by public transport links.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (based at the Alfred)
- Child care services
If applicable, specify specific requirements that you require in the cover letter or CV.
All enquiries to: Daniel Cartlidge 9076 7900
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.