- Job no: 30536
- Categories: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Pharmacy Technician - Ward Based (Grade 3 + 10% Allowance)
- Full-time (fixed term) - 80 hours per fortnight plus ADO
- Alfred Health incorporating The Alfred, Caulfield Hospital and Sandringham Hospital
The Pharmacy services operate over 4 sites within Alfred Health and involve in training interns, undergraduate and overseas research students. Pharmacists are essential members of all clinical teams and have a critical role in patient management. Their understanding of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Medicine Management ensures Alfred Health patients receive the best pharmacy care possible. Further information is available at www.alfredpharmacy.org.au
The Alfred Health Ward Based Pharmacy Technician provides technical support to Clinical Pharmacists at ward level to ensure patients medications are available in a safe and timely manner. Key aspects of this role include ordering and distribution of medications, analysis of imprest lists and assessment and management of patients' own medicines throughout admission. At the Alfred, we are leading the way in innovation and opportunities to implement skills through our Medication Management Technician (MMT) roles. MMT roles such as Gastro MMT, ICU MMT and HITH MMT are forging the way in patient centred care through the management of medications and patient co-ordination from an interdisciplinary approach.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Certificate IV OR Certificate III with progress towards Certificate IV (or equivalent qualifications).
- Minimum of 3-years post qualification experience in hospital pharmacy.
- Experience supervising or training staff.
- Experience of data collection for audit or research purposes.
- Good command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Accuracy and efficiency in the supply of medications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork, initiative and innovation.
- Onsite gym
- Child care
- Discount health insurance
- Salary packaging
- Car parking
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Theobald, Deputy Director of Pharmacy at 03) 9076 2061
Applications must be submitted electronically to be considered
Applications close Sunday 27 September 2020
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Published on 15 Sep 2020, 12:14 AM