Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Occupational Therapist – Grade 1
Permanent Full Time ongoing (with ADO)
This position is a rotational position across Alfred Health. It is a condition of employment that individuals may be required to work across all Alfred Health sites and services.
Alfred Health - Occupational Therapy Services operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals, with clinical services aligned to Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets.
The Occupational Therapy Service is committed to the provision of high quality, evidence-based care, and strongly values professional development and clinical supervision. Clinical service provision is focused on inpatient acute, rehabilitation and aged care streams, for diverse patient populations including emergency, general medicine, surgical, orthopaedic, neurological, trauma, ABI, spinal, amputee and burns/plastics specialty units.
The Occupational Therapist - Grade 1 (Rotational) is responsible for the provision of Occupational Therapy Services within a designated clinical caseload, appropriate to their level of experience and competency. Six monthly rotational positions will cover rehabilitation and aged care caseloads at the Caulfield site, as well as the acute Occupational Therapy Service at The Alfred and Community Rehabilitation Program (Caulfield).
The successful applicant will have:
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent.
- Full Registration held with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership).
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted)
- Demonstrated ability to apply evidence-based Occupational Therapy theory to practice.
- Emerging core clinical assessment and intervention skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well within a team environment and relate to medical, nursing and allied health staff, patients and families
- Established written and verbal communication skills.
- Established self-management skills appropriate to level of responsibility/experience (ie, organisation, planning, time management and priority setting).
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning.
The Alfred Health Occupational Therapy Department has a strong commitment to professional development and clinical supervision for all staff members.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close Sunday, 27 September 2021
All enquiries to Chelsea Baxter 0448 628 593
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.