- Job no: 30213
- Categories: Nurse, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
The Alfred provides a fully integrated range of cancer treatment services and modalities onsite, including bone marrow transplantation, medical and radiation oncology and palliative care and Victorian melanoma service. This range of co-located cancer services is unique in the Victorian health system. The Haematology and Oncology Day Centre provides a range of treatments and services to patients.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced leader in clinical nursing to take on the management of Alfred Health's Haematology and Oncology Day Centre (Chemo Day Centre). You will be a professional and clinical leader in Nursing Services, and play a pivotal role in meeting broader organisational imperatives. Your focus will be to operationalise the core values of Nursing at Alfred Health by ensuring a safe and supportive environment for patients and staff. Staff development, managing clinical risk and implementing systems and processes to improve patient outcomes are all essential elements of the role.
You will lead a team of nurses within Alfred Health and work within the Alfred Cancer Program to ensure service provision is delivered.
You will be responsible for the following areas:
- Day Chemotherapy Chairs
- Infusion and Transfusion Chairs
- Clinical Trials Chairs
- Apheresis Service
- State-wide Haemophilia Service
- Radiation Oncology Nursing
- Registered as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- Degree in healthcare / business management or working towards same
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Ability to work effectively and provide support to nursing staff, senior medical staff, a range of other health professionals and support service staff
Further enquirys and infomation about this role please contact Daniella Chiapetta ,Clinical Service Director for Cancer
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 14 hours ago - 21 Sep 2020
- Published on 31 Aug 2020, 5:37 AM