- Job no: 29429
- Categories: Research, Other Research
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full Time (76 hours per fortnight)
- Fixed Term (until Aug 2021)
- Based at The Alfred in Prahran
The Department - Myeloma Research Group (MRG) and Leukemia Research Group (LRG)
The MRG and LRG, within the Division of Blood Cancers, Australian Centre for Blood Diseases is a combined translational and clinical research team focusing on the identification and characterisation of novel therapeutic agents for multiple myeloma (MM) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML). We also attempt to develop strategies to overcome drug resistance mechanisms and initiate development and implementation of correlative laboratory studies undertaken in parallel with institutional and multi-centre clinical trials.
Applicants are invited for the bioinformatics postdoctoral position in the area of computational genomics and bioinformatics in Professor Andrew Spencer and A/Prof Andrew Wei’s laboratories. These groups are interested in the application and development of bioinformatics and genomics software and methods for mining functional genomics data for investigating blood cancers. Our aim is to utilise our interdisciplinary strengths in MRG and LRG which comprises of the research laboratory, computational analyses and biostatistics to better understand MM and AML.
- A PhD in a relevant discipline such as mathematics, computer science and computational biology
- Hands-on experience managing data from large -scale studies
- Practical understanding of database design and development
- Well-developed time management project planning skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Close to public transport and shops
- Onsite carparking
- Discounted health insurance
- Generous salary packaging
- Onsite gym and childcare centre
Contact: Tiffany Khong 9276-3572
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closes in a day - 15 Jul 2020
- Published on 01 Jul 2020, 3:30 AM