Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse - Grade 2
- Full-time or part-time applicants encouraged to apply
- Psychiatric in-patient unit experience highly desirable
- Brand New Emergency Department
- Great salary packaging benefits
This is an incredible opportunity to join a fantastic team in a brand new, refurbished Emergency Department.
The Alfred Emergency and Trauma Centre (E&TC) is a state-of-the-art facility leading the world in assessment and management of all trauma and emergency presentations. The Department receives approximately 67,000 patients per year and includes a State-wide trauma service and comprehensive mental health service. The E&TC has 72 treatment bays and is arbitrarily divided into seven main clinical areas. This includes a Crisis Mental Health and Addictions Hub – The E&TC West Wing.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
The Alfred Consultation Liaison and Emergency (CLE) Psychiatry Service works in collaboration with the Alfred E&TC to deliver optimal mental health care to patients in the emergency setting, including oversight of the E&TC West Wing.
The West Wing is a four-bed unit in the E&TC that provides acute mental health and alcohol or other drug (AOD) assessment, brief intervention, treatment and referral options for patients with mental health and addiction issues.
The RPN position is a newly established role integrated within the E&TC and Emergency Psychiatry Service. In this role, you will work in the E&TC West Wing within the Emergency & Trauma Centre. You will demonstrate the core values of nursing at Alfred Health through appropriate and evidenced-based clinical practice and care of patients and families/carers.
The RPN is a member of the E&TC nursing team and works in close collaboration with emergency medical staff and Emergency Psychiatry clinicians. The ability and flexibility to work with mental health patients, AOD patients and patients with low acuity medical issues is required in this role.
- Registered as a Psychiatric Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA
- A minimum of three years post graduate experience is desirable
- Demonstrated skills in mental state assessment, risk assessment, care planning, with knowledge of acute psychiatry and community care options
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively consult, liaise and negotiate with patients, carers, family members, and other professionals
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Hold an appropriate Visa with working rights
- Salary Packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Car parking
- Child Care
- Gym facilities
- Active Travel Zone
We offer a comprehensive orientation and preceptor program and regular in-house education programs.
If you have any questions please contact:
- Blair Hobbs (Manager, Emergency Psychiatry Service) on 0427 196 463 or
- Tracy Allen (Manager, E&TC Workforce and Operations) on9076 7832.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.