Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Data Manager- General Surgery
- Part-time, 38 hours per fortnight
- Permanent ongoing
- Classification code – HS3
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Surgical Services the Surgical Services Program delivers the majority of surgical services across all Alfred Health sites. The program includes five General surgical units, specialty surgical units, anaesthesia and perioperative medicine, operating suite service, surgical inpatient wards, a medical day unit, day of surgery admissions, day surgery and endoscopy service. The program also oversees the elective surgery waiting list.
This position is to manage the General Surgery Database in MS Access. The part time position will involve working as part of a motivated team within Alfred Health, where the responsibilities in General Surgery include data collection, entry, and management, research and the associated statistical analysis of information and quality assurance, including audit, related to data management.
Due to the significant duties of the role the working days for this position are:
- Tuesday full day
- Wednesday AM
- Thursday full day
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access, and Cerner is essential. - Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Applied Science (or equivalent tertiary qualification), preferably in a medically related field.
- Experience in database management (including but not limited to data collection, entry, recording, reporting, analysing) and maintenance and its use in clinical audit and clinical trials would be an advantage
- Proficiency in Excel spreadsheets is required
- Familiarity with filemaker pro, and Redcap and other database systems
- An understanding of clinical terminology would be an advantage
- An understanding of statistics would be an advantage.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Director of General Surgery, Jonathan Serpell on 03) 9076 3290
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.