- Job no: 27403
- Categories: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed Term Part Time - 48hours / fortnight – Maternity Leave cover
- Grade 3B YU15
- Across Alfred Health
The HARP Mobile Assessment and Treatment Service is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team in a Maternity leave position. The successful applicant will be motivated to optimise the health experiences of frail elderly patients living in residential care or the community setting.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
HARP Complex Care is a service within the range of Health Independence Programs (HIP), and in Alfred Health it sits within the Rehabilitation, Aged, and Community Care Program. HARP reports through the Community Integration Stream. The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP Complex Care Service is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The MATS Nurse Clinician encorporates an intake/triage role, and a community visiting role. The incumbent is responsible for receiving and triaging referrals from inpatient, out patient and community (mostly RACF and GP) settings and subsequently providing direct care. Following thorough inter disciplinary clinical assessment the MATS RN is accountable for establishing and evaluating the patient’s plan of care in partnership with the patient, carers, and other members of the health care team. The role involves liaison between multidisciplinary health care professionals both in the community and Alfred Health.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing.
- Current professional registration with AHPRA.
- Clinical experience in General Medicine across the acute, sub-acute or community sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively and flexibly with internal and external services.
- Demonstrated therapeutic interpersonal relationships, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
- Clinical experience in working with the frail elderly
- Clinical competence in catheter management, including changes for male/female IDC’s/SPC’s; IV Cannulation; Gastrostomy Tube management.
- Experience in clinical triage
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
All enquiries to Georgina Calder - MATS Team Lead. Mob: 0429 358 722
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed a month ago - 10 Jun 2020
- Published on 03 Jun 2020, 2:29 AM