Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Grade 2 Fixed Term (until 15/1/2021)
Part Time – 2 days minimum (including one weekend day)
In October 2019, a new purpose-built Trauma and Orthopaedics ward, 5 West, opened at The Alfred replacing ward 2 West. This is a 40-bed ward (including 8 single-bed patient rooms), with a dedicated surgical procedure zone, active therapy zones and spaces for families and carers.In October 2019, a new purpose-built Trauma and Orthopaedics ward, 5 West, opened at The Alfred replacing ward 2 West. This is a 40-bed ward (including 8 single-bed patient rooms), with a dedicated surgical procedure zone, active therapy zones and spaces for families and carers.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Grade 2 Occupational Therapist to join the new 5 West trauma and orthopaedics ward at The Alfred. This is a 40-bed ward with a dedicated surgical procedure zone, active therapy zones and spaces for families and carers.
The redeveloped ward provides an opportunity to create a contemporary Allied Health workforce model and the Alfred has partnered with the TAC to achieve this. The Allied Health workforce for 5 West is enabling early, intensive intervention across physical, functional and cognitive domains with attention on achievement of patient directed goals. The expanded multidisciplinary model is being delivered 7 days a week and is aimed at supporting improved recovery outcomes for Trauma and Orthopaedic patients.
The Ward 5 West multi-disciplinary Allied Health team is supported by Allied Health Assistants and works closely with the Nursing and Medical teams to provide a comprehensive and timely service to patients on Ward 5 West. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to work across other acute units within the occupational therapy service (up to a full time capacity, dependent upon need). In addition, opportunity exists to supervise Grade 1 staff and students and to contribute to service development and planning in relation to the new model of care.
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent.
- Post graduate qualification (Masters level) in one of Occupational Therapy, Public Health, Research and/or Health Management or working towards same.
- Full Registration held with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Member of OT Australia (or eligibility for membership).
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Current Working with Children’s Check
- Minimum three years’ clinical experience in Occupational Therapy.
- Demonstrated best practice in patient assessment and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrated skills in clinical supervision and teaching.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork, and a proven ability to relate
effectively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Established skills in organisation, planning and priority setting.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close on Thursday, 2 April 2020 at 11pm
Please submit both a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
All enquiries to Sarah Bright on 0408 484 099 or email@example.com.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.