Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed term - End November 2020
- Full time - 80 hours plus flexible ADO
- Based in Bentleigh
- RPN Grade 3, SW/OT/PSY Grade 2
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Opportunity to be a part of a passionate team pioneering mental health services!
- A meaningful job role with other like-minded team players!
- An opportunity to be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues!
headspace Early Psychosis is one of the world’s most comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state.
Through this new initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
Alfred Health is the lead agency for this program and offers the opportunity to work in a growing dynamic healthcare environment.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
As a CCT (Continuing Care Team) Clinician, you will provide clinical assessment, intervention, case-management and therapy to young people presenting with, or at risk of, developing early psychosis and facilitate a culture that emphasises family involvement. In addition, you will act as a resource demonstrating current theoretical knowledge and evidence base for discipline specific practice in mental health.
In this role you will be well supported through an outcome orientated multi-disciplinary team structure with opportunities for professional development.
WHAT WE NEED
- Relevant professional registration or membership
- Post graduate qualifications (desired)
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver’s License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a background check
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Access to salary packaging and discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Frequent professional development opportunities including participation in the Discovery College
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion or more detail on the role, please contact Catherine Keen ph: 0408 187 895
Applications close Friday, 3 April 2020 at 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.