Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Full time, 80 hours including an ADO
- Permanent ongoing
- Classification code – Social Worker Grade 2
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Psychiatry is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
Services are provided by a number of teams located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran) and at St. Kilda Road Clinic, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, the Child & Adolescent Service located in Moorabbin and Headspace service in various locations in Victoria. Alfred Psychiatry also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies.
The role of the Mental Health Clinician – Social Worker Grade 2 is based at St Kilda Road and sits within the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT). The CMHT is a multidisciplinary Team comprising approximately 20 clinical EFT made up of Consultant Psychiatrists, Registrars, Psychiatric Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists.
The CMHT utilises a biopsychosocial model to provide centre-based and outreach assessment, treatment, and support services to clients aged 16 -65 years who experience a serious and/or enduring mental illness, and who require specialist clinical services. The CMHT staff aim to work in partnership with consumers and carers, enabling them to be involved in their care in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor of Social Work and AASW eligibility.
- Postgraduate qualifications in mental health are strongly preferred.
- Proven experience as a Grade 2 Social Worker in a community setting is preferred.
- Experience in a range of interventions indicating an ability to perform community-based mental state assessment including that of risk assessment.
- A current driver’s licence is required to undertake this role.
- Current Working with Children check.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Valerie Grueva or Andrew Bouwman on 03) 9076 9888
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.