Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Casual Interpreter
- All campuses
Alfred Health Language Services is a dynamic multicultural department. We speak Greek, Russian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian. We are committed to meet the language need of our diverse community and assist Alfred Health staff and patients with professional interpreting services, translations, training and education and, research. We offer language services across 3 campuses to acute, subacute and, community programs.
Alfred Health is seeking enthusiastic, committed and experienced Interpreters/Translators (Mandarin/Cantonese, Turkish, Vietnamese and Arabic) with high-level communication, organisational, and time management skills to join its vibrant Language Services team.
You are expected to attend appointments on site, across three different campuses, and off campus
NAATI Certification is essential to apply for this role.
- Appropriate Tertiary qualifications and/or minimum of NAATI certification at Professional Level.
- Extensive medical/health vocabulary, knowledge of medical terminology and medical contexts.
- Knowledge of interpreter ethical issues and how they relate to service provision.
- Demonstrated empathy, sensitivity and tact in relation to health issues faced by consumers of Alfred Health.
- Effective, well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to promote the service in a professional manner.
- Driver’s Licence
We are a supportive team and offer Professional Development opportunities, along with
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close on Thursday, 12 March 2020.
Please send us your CV and the contact of two referees
All enquiries to Ida Giaccio on (03)90763570.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.